- BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: Cancer Care Offices
- JERSEY SHORE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER: Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit
- BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: Endovascular & Cath Labs
- BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: Public Entrance & Lobby
- JERSEY SHORE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER: Post-Partum Care Unit
- JERSEY SHORE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER: New MRI Suite
- RIVERVIEW MEDICAL CENTER: Women’s Health
- RIVERVIEW MEDICAL CENTER: Pediatric ER Suite and Observation
- OHI: Outpatient Clinic
- ATLANTICARE / AMI: Radiology Center
- KEAN UNIVERSITY: Vaughn Eames
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY: Bishop Quad
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY: Woodbury Hall
- Rutgers, The State University of NJ: Frelinghuysen Hall
- Rider University: Daly Dining Hall
- The Hun School of Princeton: Hun Athletic
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center: The Jane H. Booker Learning Center
- The Hun School of Princeton: Cheseboro Academic Center
- The Hun School of Princeton: Dining Hall
- Medical Planning
- HACKENSACK MERIDIAN: Health Village
- COOPER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL: Cardiac Catheterization Suite Masterplan
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center: 6 Phase Master Plan/Pathology Lab
- Eastern Radiologists: Master Planned Expansion of the Women’s Imaging Center
- RIVERVIEW MEDICAL CENTER: 4th Floor
- Southern Ocean Medical Center: Master Planning
- Bayonne Medical: Medical Arts Building
- Our Firm
The Hun School of Princeton
Princeton, New Jersey
Size: 38,000 sf
Schedule: Completed 2008
The Hun School at Princeton is an academically and architecturally distinctive prep school located in Central New Jersey. For the design of its new athletic center, the School wanted a building that would continue its tradition of excellence and fit in with its existing campus- an academical village of gothic style buildings set in a greensward with some rolling hills.
The design of the building responds to three major considerations: Site, program and a strong existing architectural context.
The building is nestled into a steeply sloping site creating a three-story exposure on one side and 1 ½ stories on the other. This condition allowed the building to be organized around a three-story gallery space that has two entrances; one addressing the campus and one addressing the playing fields. The main program spaces are located off the gallery. There are two gyms situated at the building’s ends with locker rooms, fitness room and team rooms centrally located.
The building is clad in masonry and stucco and has steeply pitched roofs, in response to the existing campus architecture.
Photos by Taylor Photo
12 North Main Street
Pennington, NJ 08534
(c) 2016 saphire + albarran Architecture LLC. All Rights Reserved.