- BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: Cancer Care Offices
- JERSEY SHORE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER: Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit
- BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: Endovascular & Cath Labs
- BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: Public Entrance & Lobby
- JERSEY SHORE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER: Post-Partum Care Unit
- JERSEY SHORE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER: New MRI Suite
- RIVERVIEW MEDICAL CENTER: Women’s Health
- RIVERVIEW MEDICAL CENTER: Pediatric ER Suite and Observation
- OHI: Outpatient Clinic
- ATLANTICARE / AMI: Radiology Center
- KEAN UNIVERSITY: Vaughn Eames
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY: Bishop Quad
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY: Woodbury Hall
- Rutgers, The State University of NJ: Frelinghuysen Hall
- Rider University: Daly Dining Hall
- The Hun School of Princeton: Hun Athletic
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center: The Jane H. Booker Learning Center
- The Hun School of Princeton: Cheseboro Academic Center
- The Hun School of Princeton: Dining Hall
- Medical Planning
- HACKENSACK MERIDIAN: Health Village
- COOPER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL: Cardiac Catheterization Suite Masterplan
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center: 6 Phase Master Plan/Pathology Lab
- Eastern Radiologists: Master Planned Expansion of the Women’s Imaging Center
- RIVERVIEW MEDICAL CENTER: 4th Floor
- Southern Ocean Medical Center: Master Planning
- Bayonne Medical: Medical Arts Building
- Our Firm
The Hun School of Princeton
Cheseboro Academic Center
Princeton, New Jersey
Size: 37,400 sf
Recognition: Outstanding Buildings/American School & University/2003 Architectural Showcase
Expanding and upgrading a library in the main academic building of this architecturally and academically distinctive prep school in central New Jersey presented many challenges.
Although the primary objective was to design a library for the 21st century, the building’s prominent location presented the opportunity to restate the School’s identity to enable it to remain distinctive among independent schools.
The library is situated on the upper level of two floors between two banks of classrooms. This area was revamped to house computer classrooms. The second phase is an addition that extends from the existing building down a dramatic slope to one arm of the classroom wing. This area contains additional library space and a faculty resource rooms.
Reading areas are accommodated in the curved element that extends over the hill to take advantage of views and natural light.
The new façade is constructed of tan brick with rounded edges and various coursing styles accented with chocolate-colored brick.
Photos by Jon Roemer Photography
12 North Main Street
Pennington, NJ 08534
(c) 2016 saphire + albarran Architecture LLC. All Rights Reserved.